It is used as a natural food flavouring in baked goods, syrups (e.g. Coca Cola), beverages, sweets etc. It replaces ground nutmeg as it leaves no particles in the food. The essential oil is also used in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries, in tooth paste, and as a major ingredient in some cough syrups.
In traditional medicine nutmeg and nutmeg oil were used for illnesses related to the nervous and digestive systems.
Externally, the oil is used for rheumatic pain and, like clove oil, can be applied as an emergency treatment to dull toothache. In France, it is given in drop doses in honey for digestive upsets and used for bad breath. It is also said to help with nausea, gastroenteritis, chronic diarrhea, and indigestion.
Benefits of Nutmeg Oil
Numerous studies have already shown that nutmeg essential oil and its chemical compounds have beneficial properties that make it useful for the prevention of various conditions, including cardiovascular diseases, bacterial and viral infections, and even cancer.
In both Western and Eastern medicine, nutmeg oil is known for its stimulant, carminative, astringent, deodorizing, narcotic, and aphrodisiac properties.
- Kidney stones, and bladder and urinary tract inflammation
- Halitosis or bad breath
- Digestive issues, such as dyspepsia and flatulence
- Skin conditions
- Joint and muscle pain
- Menstrual cramps and hormonal imbalance
- Low blood pressure
- Respiratory problems, such as colds and asthma
Value Added Services
- Response to customer inquiries within 24 - 48 hours
- Quotation-submission, and in-detail discussion of finer details
- Fulfillment of Customer’s order-specifications
- Customized packaging, as per buyer’s requirements
- Branding of products, as per customer’s branding requirements
- Availability of different types of delivery terms & conditions
- Handling of shipping procedures and delivery, as per buyers discretion
Write Your Own Review
inquire about this product
* required fields