Methods of extraction
Sunflower oil can be extracted using chemical solvents (e.g., hexane), or expeller pressing (i.e., squeezed directly from sunflower seeds by crushing them).
Refined versus unrefined
- Refining sunflower oil through solvent extraction, de-gumming, neutralization, and bleaching can make it more stable and suitable for high-temperature cooking; but, will also remove some of the oil's nutrients; flavor; color (resulting in a pale-yellow); free fatty acids; phospholipids; polyphenols; and, phytosterols.
- Unrefined sunflower oil is less heat-stable (and therefore well-suited to dishes that are either raw or cooked at low temperatures); but, will retain more of its original nutrient content, flavor, and color (light-amber).
Health Benefits of Sunflower Oil
- Heart Health - The balance of fatty acids found in sunflower oil, including a good amount of linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid) is very good. Furthermore, sunflower oil doesn’t contain any saturated fats, which means that it can actually reduce your overall cholesterol content in the body. This means that you are far less likely to develop atherosclerosis, which clogs arteries, raises blood pressure, and increases your chances of suffering a heart attack or a stroke.
- Skin Health - Sunflower oil is rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant in the body. It has been directly connected to preventing heart disease and boosting your immune system. Furthermore, vitamin E is specifically related to improving skin health and regenerating cells. This means that your skin is better protected against damage from the sun, as well as the natural degradation of age that occurs when free radicals are present in the body.
- Energy Booster - The fatty acid content in sunflower oil is also connected to energy levels in the body. Saturated fats can make you feel sluggish, while unsaturated fats, of which sunflower oil has many, can keep you feeling energized.
- Cancer Prevention - As mentioned above, sunflower oil is rich in antioxidants and substances that act as antioxidants. Vitamin E, which has varieties known as tocopherols, are powerful antioxidants that can eliminate free radicals before they can mutate healthy cells into cancerous cells.
- Anti-Inflammatory Capacity - Asthma affects millions of people around the world, and this respiratory condition can range from mild to life-threatening. Sunflower oil has been positively correlated with a lower amount and severity of asthma attacks because of its anti-inflammatory qualities, which are derived from its vitamin content, as well as the beneficial fatty acids sunflower oil contains.
Value Added Services
- Response to customer inquiries within 24 - 48 hours
- Quotation-submission, and in-detail discussion of finer details
- Fulfillment of Customer’s order-specifications
- Customized packaging, as per buyer’s requirements
- Branding of products, as per customer’s branding requirements
- Availability of different types of delivery terms & conditions
- Handling of shipping procedures and delivery, as per buyers discretion
Write Your Own Review
inquire about this product
* required fields